As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Monday, February 13, 2017

February Sci Fi Month: Gaming Geeks do get the Girl!

On this Valentines Day I just wanted to pay my tribute to all of those wives and girlfriends who put up with support their favorite man in his hobby of choice.  I recently told my bride of 30 years how much I appreciated her giving me the time to work on my historically accurate representations in miniature of the warriors of our past.  "You mean your toys?" she replied.  (Sigh).  I love my wife.

 My Beautiful Bride with Honorable Son #4 (The greatest 18th century general I have ever faced) and Honorable Son #5 (The Lifeguard)

Honorable Son #1 (The Librarian) and his beautiful bride (The Future Doctor).  Honorable Son #1 showed me when he was 9 years old what happens when I charge my American Civil Infantry at his 6 batteries of artillery on the high ground.  He reminds me I was a major at the time.

Honorable Son #2 (The Lieutenant) and his beautiful bride (The future Lawyer).  Honorable Son #2 proved to me in Northern Africa that my Afrika Korps could pull Defeat from the jaws of Victory.

 Honorable Son #3 (The Engineer) and his beautiful bride (The Princess Bride).  Never turn your back on this man when he is commanding a battalion of Soviet Tanks comrade.

Congratulations to these gaming geeks and their beautiful brides!

3 comments:

  1. A most wonderful Valentine's Day post! Well done, sir. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky man to have such a wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gordon. I wanted to let you know also that I am getting some great ideas from you blog. I'm now working on some jungle terrain for a lost city based on your ideas of getting aquarium materials.

      Delete