As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases

Sunday, December 30, 2012

British Division Command Stand

I had an extra figure left over from when I had painted the Royal Horse Artillery (RHA) for my British Peninsular army for Volley and Bayonet.  The figure is an officer of the RHA from Front Rank and it is a beauty: one of the best sculpted and animated figures I have seen in a while.  The level of detail is great making it an easy figure to paint.  I remembered in an old Osprey book, Wellington's Generals that there was a color plate with General Craufurd and an officer of the RHA.  I also had an extra Wargames Foundry British officer and with just a little conversion work it is now a general officer which will represent General Craufurd (or any other division commander) for the British army.



In addition, I have officially declared a Napoleonic burn-out.  Even though I have started the Perry Miniatures below as members of the 9th Legere, I need a break from Napoleonic figures.  Now the question is, what will I paint next until I'm ready to get back to the Peninsular project?


No comments:

Post a Comment